LANSING, MI –The Powerball jackpot continues to grow as there was no winner of the 4150 million jackpot for the drawing held on Wednesday, March 25.
That means the next Powerball drawing on Saturday, March 28 will be worth $160 million with a cash option of $122.4 million.
The Powerball Numbers (white) for March 25: 5-9-27-39-42
The Red Powerball Power Number: 16
The Power Play Number: 2
Powerball winners for March 25:
· While there was no grand prize winner, three players matched all five white balls drawn to win $1 million. Those tickets were sold in Colorado, Georgia and Oregon
· The players in Georgia and Oregon also played the Power Play option, which increased their winnings to $2 million.
· In Michigan, five tickets sold won $200 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 417,159 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 13,219 tickets sold won at least $4.
Powerball is offered in 44 States, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Players select five white numbers from (1 to 69) and one red ball (1 to 26). Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Mega Millions drawing is Friday, March 27 with an estimated jackpot of $107 million and a cash option of $83.9 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is Saturday, March 28 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $2.4 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Thursday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $505,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The drawing comes during a string of big lottery wins in the state. Last month, a $70 million winning Powerball ticket was sold in Michigan. In January, a Detroit woman claimed a $1 million Powerball prize after her mother pushed her into buying a ticket.
In December, a Grand Rapids woman claimed a $5 million prize that she only realized she’d won by scrolling through Facebook. The week prior, a Washtenaw County man expected to only win $20 playing an instant game, but was shocked to learn he won $1 million.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot were a couple from Suttons Bay who came forward to claim an $80 million Powerball win. That couple plans on using the money to support their family of seven kids and 21 grandkids.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Hartland last year went unclaimed. The ticket was purchased at the Speedway in Hartland, but the winner never came forward to claim the prize. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.