After sunny and very warm Saturday, we’ll be heating up well into the upper 90s today ahead of a cold front. Heat index values will be up around 100-105 degrees. Make sure you’re taking breaks and staying hydrated this afternoon. Also, pay attention to the weather if you have any outdoor plans this afternoon and evening, especially after 2 p.m. A late season cold front will slide south into North Texas, leading to thunderstorm development. Storms will increase in coverage and intensity and a few could be strong to severe with large hail and damaging winds.
Storms will push south through Central Texas this evening, exiting to the south with the front overnight. Monday will be a lot cooler with a mix of sun and clouds. An isolated storm or two will be possible again Tuesday, mainly from DFW to the south. Most of us will stay dry the rest of next week. Highs will gradually climb through the 80s into the lower 90s by next weekend.
- TODAY: Mostly sunny to partly cloudy and hot. Scattered storms develop after 2 PM. High: 96. Wind: SE/NE 10 mph.
- TONIGHT: A 40 percent chance for scattered showers and storms until midnight, then mostly cloudy. Low: 68. Wind: E/NE 10-15 mph.
- MONDAY: Decreasing clouds and breezy in the afternoon. High: 82. Wind: N 10-20 mph.
- TUESDAY: Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance for a few showers and storms, mainly south of DFW. Low: 64. High: 80. Wind: E/SE 5-10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy and warm. Low: 66. High: 86. Wind: NW 5-10 mph.
- THURSDAY: Mostly sunny and warm. Low: 66. High: 87. Wind: NE 5-10 mph.
- FRIDAY: Partly cloudy and warm. Low: 68. High: 88. Wind: SE 10-15 mph.
- SATURDAY: Mostly sunny, breezy, and warmer. Low: 71. High: 91. Wind: S 15-20 mph.
- SUNDAY: Mostly sunny, breezy, and hot. Low: 75. High: 93. Wind: S 15-20 mph.
- MONDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 74. High: 92. Wind: S 10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 74. High: 92. Wind: S 10 mph.