EDINBORO, Pennsylvania — A Walmart is dealing with bed bugs after they apparently were intentionally released in a dressing room of the store.
A Walmart manager on Thursday discovered live bed bugs in a closed pill bottle in a boys jacket, goerie.com reports. Another bottle with dead bed bugs inside was found Friday in another part of the store, WENY News reports.
The manager called police after discovering the first bottle on Thursday.
A lab worker with the company Ecolab was brought to the store and discovered the bugs crawling in the dressing room, according to goerie.com.
“We take this seriously and are looking into this,” a Walmart spokesperson tells CNN. “We are fully cooperating with law enforcement on their investigation.” The spokesperson says the area of the store where the bugs were discovered has been closed off.
The Centers for Disease Control says bed bugs do not spread disease, but their bites can cause itching. An allergic reaction might require medical attention, according to the CDC.
Edinboro is located about 20 miles south of Erie.
Other content on cleveland.com: